Welcome! I am privileged to be the principal of Browns Plains State School and I warmly welcome you to our school community. My name is Mrs Wuanita Meyrick and I commenced as Principal at Browns Plains State School in October 2019.
By selecting our school for your child's education, they will have the opportunity to flourish as a young learner. We all work towards our vision; curious learners prepared with skills to be active global citizens. Our school community values that your child will be Always Learning, Always Safe and Always Respectful as they navigate their primary years in our calm and supportive school environment. We call these values our Browns Plains Way.
Our school community is welcoming and we encourage you to be active members. We hold high expectations in our classrooms, playgrounds and in the wider community and we want to collaborate with you to achieve these goals.
Our latest School Review found and highlighted key findings that we are proud to have grown and developed in the past 4 years.
1. The school has embarked on a process of re-evaluating the school's vision, values and motto.
2. The school has developed a comprehensive approach to planning the learning programs for students.
3. The principal expresses a deep ongoing commitment to improve learning and wellbeing outcomes for students and staff.
4. Student voice informs teaching and learning opportunities to provide differentiated curriculum.
5. School leaders articulate a long-term commitment to embedding Positive Behaviour for Learning (PBL) practices with high behaviour expectations across the school.
6. A clear priority and school-wide focus on reading exists
7. A whole-school approach to differentiation is apparent.
8. Resources and expenditure are aligned to the school and system priorities developed in collaboration with members of the school community.
9. The principal articulates a clear strategic priority to strengthen community engagement and build stronger partnerships with parents and carers.
You can read more about these key findings in our Executive Summary Review Report, located in the Quick Links on the homepage.
We really are 'a better place to be' and by enrolling here at Browns Plains State School, you will be taking the first step to see why we are a state school of choice.